Pages

Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Recruitment Consultant Winning Formula Strategy Number 17 – Why Clients Choose You


Job Agency Article by Recruitment Guru - Dougles Chan

Extract from the Manual – Recruitment Consultant Winning Formula.

Ask yourself this very basic question, I believe during your training it has been covered, if not, let me rewind and ask you the question again. Why would a client need to go through an agency to find the staff they need? Is it a tough question? No, not really. Anyone who has a bit of experience will be able to answer this question. The answers can be some of the following:

-         They can’t find the right person
-         They have no time to do it
-         They always use a third party, because it’s the cheapest way
-         They do not have a specialised person to do the hiring
-         They need this recruitment to be very discreet.
-         Others….

You see, I am sure you can answer this question when someone asks you, why the clients need to find the candidate via a third party recruitment consultant, in another word, an agent.
BUT…Here is a BIG BUT….. (Big BUTT)

Now I twist my question and put it from another angle: The Big Fat Juicy question to you is:

Q: Why should the client give you the job?

I helped a consultant in London who had a problem penetrating the hospitality industry. His problem was that he was not able to generate new clients because his clients were already working with other suppliers.
Well, I asked him this question, why should the client give you the business? He answered; “I can give them better services, better price….”

I told him, that his answers were great and I was sure other consultants in the industry are able to do the same as him. I then asked the same question to him again.…Why should the client give him the business???
He answered proudly and claimed, “I mean what I say and I will take good care of what my clients ask for….”

Well I told him the same answer, “I am sure other consultants can do what you said, isn’t it?”
My answer to him was: You should answer yourself; nobody else is able to answer it, not even myself. Plus, your answers must be something that other people are not able to follow or copy.

He finally got my point.

I told him again, “list out 20 things or reasons why the clients have to give you the business, squeeze them out from what you can think of” He exclaimed that 20 reasons was quite a lot.

I told him, it was going to be tough, BUT when he manages to squeeze it out, he will be in BIG business. A great list of clients awaits you when you are able to answer this very important question. I also told him that I have trained people to squeeze out even 60 reasons….20 reasons are very achievable.

Special Secret – Check one of the Quotes, it gives you a hidden answer that reveals the whole truth.
Winning Formula

Sometime you just have to tweak the question and you will be able to get an answer that will solve your problem.

The type of questions you ask = the direction of the answers you will derive.

Quote: Ask good questions and you will get good solutions. Ask a lousy question you will get lousy solution. ~ Dougles Chan

Get your copy of the Recruitment Consultant Winning Formula today!

No comments:

Post a Comment